Storm Shield Screenshots
Named by Time.com's @Techland as one of the best weather apps for Your iPhone. And now the first app to give you severe weather alerts for your Apple Watch.
Severe weather alerts for your exact location. Storm Shield Weather Radio gives you storm-based alerts for tornado, hurricane, flood, thunderstorm, winter storms and other life-threatening weather events via voice and push notification.
Storm-based or polygon alerts help reduce false alarms by alerting you to severe weather based on your exact location within a county. Many other products still use county-based alerts (meaning you'd get an alert even if your location in the county is not within the threatened area).
What people are saying:
Storm Shield “can keep you appraised of everything from severe thunderstorms to flash flooding… this kind of information can be a life-saver, as many of its loyal users have already attested.” – Time.com
“Has kept me up to date with all Winter Storm Watch and Warnings this winter. Very helpful for my winter hikes.” – Matthew
“A total life saver. I live in Chicago and we have winter storms… Storm Shield is on my side when my mom has to call the school requesting a snow day!” – Zachary34562
Storm Shield “alerted our family of the Broken Arrow, OK tornado, faster than the TV and tornado sirens.” – Robyn, Broken Arrow, OK resident
“I was in Oklahoma City during the tornado… we were right in its path. Your app literally was a life saver.” – dcalk12
Get NOAA alerts via voice and push notification no matter where you are in the United States.
With Storm Shield's Apple Watch extension get a tap on your wrist any time severe weather alerts are issued for your locations.
Share severe weather alerts with your family and friends to make sure they stay safe.
Beautifully sharp radar map as your home screen so you can immediately see what's going on at your current and saved locations.
Share your radar view with family and friends when severe weather is affecting them.
See where NOAA watches and warnings are issued by switching map overlays.
See Hurricane and Tropical Storm forecast tracks.
Save five additional locations to make sure friends and family at home, work, or out of state stay safe.
School Closings for Baltimore, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Tulsa and Buffalo.
View current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts.
Severe weather forecasts in the app. Know where bad weather will occur before you travel with forecasts by our Storm Shield Meteorologist.
Watch live video streams when available (usually during local coverage of severe weather in most cities listed below).
Storm Shield uses iOS Significant-Change Location and Background Refresh (not GPS) to balance location accuracy and battery life.
Turn off Background Tracking and instead set one of your five locations to where you are most often.
Storm Shield is made possible by The E.W. Scripps Company, including WCPO Cincinnati, KNXV ABC15 Phoenix, WEWS Newsnet5 Cleveland, WXYZ Detroit, KJRH Tulsa, KMGH ABC7 Denver, KGTV ABC10 San Diego, KERO 23 Bakersfield, WMAR ABC2 Baltimore, WFTS ABCActionNews Tampa, WPTV News Channel 5 West Palm Beach, WRTV RTV6 The IndyChannel Indianapolis, KSHB 41 Action News Kansas City, WKBW Buffalo, WTVF Nashville, KMTV ActionNews Omaha, WSYM Fox47 News Lansing-Jackson, WFTX Fox 4 Ft. Myers, WTMJ Milwaukee, WGBA NBC26 Green Bay, KIVI Fox9 On Your Side Boise, KTNV 13 ActionNews Las Vegas, KGUN 9 On Your Side Tucson, KTTS Springfield and KFDI Wichita.
View our Support FAQs at support.stormshieldapp.com, and get tips, updates and more on our Storm Shield Facebook page.
Note: Continued use of GPS running in the background can dramatically decrease battery life.
What's New in Version 3.8.3
• Thanks to your feedback from our recent v3.7.1 release, we were able to squash an unforeseen bug that came up for some iOS 7 users, which caused their current conditions and forecast screens to go blank. This release fixes that issue.
Thanks for all your feedback from the last release and keep your feedback coming! We are working hard to make the product better with each update.
• We've added iOS 9 updates to resolve an intermittent crash that some users experienced when trying to play a video on their iOS 9 device.
• We've also fixed an issue where the hurricane forecast track layer would sometimes not appear along with radar imagery, and improved the scrolling of the Location Detail screen for a smoother experience.
• We've made enhancements to resolve the slow radar display that some users were experiencing. Thanks for your patience as we worked hard to squash this bug.
• Fixes an issue with some users not receiving push notifications.
• Additional performance enhancements and squashed a few miscellaneous bugs.
• Storm Shield is now on Apple Watch! Get a tap on your wrist from Storm Shield’s Apple Watch extension when you receive severe weather alerts. Quickly see in glance view how many active alerts exist across all your current and saved locations in Storm Shield.
• We've expanded the daily forecast up to 7 days, thanks for your feedback! We've also adjusted the map's default zoom so you can see more of the weather that's coming toward your location.
• We made it easier to adjust the pin drop when creating a new saved location. Now you just move the map instead of having to awkwardly double-tap and drag the pin.
This app saved my life (5 stars)
One horrible night in Colorado my wife and I had just laid down to go to sleep. Then the alert on this phone alerted us that a tornado and horrible storm was forming directly above us. The storm came on so fast. The news prior said the storm was supposed to start farther east from us. When I started to hear the alarm outside I went to turn my tv on to find out what was going on. However, having dish tv I could not get a signal through the st
Helped Saved my families' lives 2 days ago (5 stars)
During Louisiana's historical flooding this weekend, I kept getting notification after notification of "flash flood warning." Now, in Louisiana these warnings happen bi-weekly, but they typically expire quickly. I was seeing how it wasn't stopping. Continuing to believe it wasn't going to happen, I stayed home. When I saw an aerial flood warning I got a very bad feeling, never saw that before, and became hyper alert. I started prep
Best Alert App! 120% (5 stars)
I am a certified storm spotter and storm chaser and I highly recommend this app to everyone, from the average person to weather experts. Once you set this app up on your phone or tablet you will never be caught off guard by any weather. This app will alert you while your device is in sleep mode (screen is off). Also use your location tracking to alert you while traveling. This app will alert you before the news channels because you will rece
More Apps by E.W. Scripps Company
NOAA Top Rated ..
Customers Also Bought