WhatsApp Messenger Screenshots
WhatsApp Messenger is a cross-platform smartphone messenger currently available for iPhone, Android, BlackBerry and Nokia phones. The application utilizes push notifications to instantly get messages from friends, colleagues and family. Switch from SMS to exchange messages, pictures, audio notes and video messages with WhatsApp users at no cost. All features are included without the need for extra in-application purchases.
WHY USE WHATSAPP VS. OTHER SOLUTIONS:
* NO HIDDEN COST: Once you and your friends download the application, you can use it to chat as much as you want. Send a million messages a day to your friends for free! WhatsApp uses your Internet connection: 3G/EDGE or Wi-Fi when available.
* MULTIMEDIA: Send Video, Images, and Voice notes to your friends and contacts.
* GROUP CHAT: Enjoy group conversations with your contacts.
* NO INTERNATIONAL CHARGES: Just like there is no added cost to send an international email, there is no cost to send WhatsApp messages internationally. Chat with your friends all over the world as long as they have WhatsApp Messenger installed and avoid those pesky international SMS costs.
* SAY NO TO PINS AND USERNAMES: Why even bother having to remember yet another PIN or username? WhatsApp works with your phone number, just like SMS would, and integrates flawlessly with your existing phone address book.
* NO NEED TO LOG IN/OUT: No more confusion about getting logged off from another computer or device. With push notifications WhatsApp is ALWAYS ON and ALWAYS CONNECTED.
* NO NEED TO ADD BUDDIES: Your Address Book is used to automatically connect you with your contacts. Your contacts who already have WhatsApp Messenger will be automatically displayed under Favorites, similar to a buddy list. (You can of course always edit Favorites any way you like)
* OFFLINE MESSAGES: Even if you miss your push notifications or turn off your iPhone, WhatsApp will save your messages offline until you retrieve them during the next application use.
* STATUS: Use the status feature of WhatsApp to inform your contacts if you are busy, in a meeting, at the gym, or available for a chat.
* AND MUCH MORE: Share location, Exchange contacts, Custom wallpaper, Custom notification sounds, Landscape mode, Precise message time stamps, Email chat history, Broadcast messages and MMS to many contacts at once and much much more!
Were always excited to hear from you! If you have any feedback, questions, or concerns, please email us at:
or follow us on twitter:
WhatsApp on iPhone works with virtually all carriers and networks but some carrier limitations may apply. If you are on an Apple unsupported wireless carrier, double check our FAQ for up to date information on our coverage.
NOTE: WhatsApp is a telephony application and as such iPod or iPad are NOT supported devices.
What's New in Version 2.6.10
– improve ability to share places, add places search
– add ability to share places from devices running iOS 3 and iOS 4
– fix bug with some photos taking long time to load when sending images
– display group chat participant names under Group Subject in the navigation bar
– swedish, finnish, polish, spanish, japanese, and other localization updates (more languages coming in a few days)
– direct message a group contact via tap and hold on message bubble in Group conversation screen
– indicate when Groups are muted in Chats view
– show when contact is typing in Chats view
– small icon to better indicate a place was sent/receive in Chats view
– Alert about call charges before making a call for the first time from WhatsApp
– any group chat participant can now update group icon
– bug fixes, crash fixes, etc…
Nice (4 stars)
The best chat app. For me
Upset (1 star)
I'm very upset that I have to allow address book integration. If I don't allow then the app will be nothing. Very upset with this.
Duped (1 star)
Why do you give users the choice to allow or not allow address book integration if the app won't work without it? Why can the user not enter her own contacts individually? I would not be happy if one of my friends gave my phone number to an app I did not subscribe to so I would prefer not to give theirs out as well. But it appears you have to in order to use what's app and you'll only find this out after you've bought it.
Customers Also Bought
AIM for iPad