Low-glycemic diet Screenshots
Low-glycemic diet is a weight loss diet based on the Glycemic index. Glycemic index (or GI) is a measure of glucose level increase from carbohydrate consumption. It shows how fast a food is likely to raise your blood sugar.
The principle guideline of the low-glycemic diet is to avoid high GI foods. High GI foods stimulates a sudden change in blood sugar levels. This, in turn, leads to fatigue and hunger, as well as undue stress on your body. Too much insulin in your body for a long period of time makes it easier to store fat and harder to burn it. It also may lessen your bodys sensitivity to insulin over time, leading to type 2 diabetes and other illnesses.
Low-glycemic diet can help you to:
– control your appetite and delay hunger,
– achieve steady sustainable weight loss or maintain a healthy weight,
– balance your blood sugar levels,
– make better cholesterol levels,
– prevent heart disease, fatty liver and other chronic diseases,
– prevent insulin resistance and type-2 diabetes.
To followa low-glycemic diet is not so difficult as you may think. With the app you don't have to memorize the glycemic index or count grams of carbohydrates in foods. Just enter all the food you ate this day. Each food has its color indicator (high, medium and low GI), so you can always see what foods you should avoid or limit. Using the app, you will be able to easily monitor your diet, looking on it from Glycemic load standpoint.
1. Large database of products.
2. Search function to find your food items very quickly.
3. “Recently used products” function keeps your favorite (frequently used) foods in one place for quick access.
4. Adding new products and editing of existing one.
5. Practical charting functions.
6. Mealtimes support.
7. Keeping the dynamic of your weight and body measurements.
8. The app doesn't require a network connection.
More Apps by Novaname